For the first week of 2013, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported a moderate level of influenza-like illness activity for the state of New York; however, New York City has the highest rated activity level possible.
Six ways to fend off the flu:
- Get a flu shot. Contact your local pharmacy or primary care physician to receive your flu shot.
- Wash your hands often.
- Keep your hands away from your face.
- Steer clear of anyone that is sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Eat a healthy, well balanced diet.